Due to upcoming projects and company expansion, West Nautical are seeking expressions of interest in a Marine Project Manager - Superyachts position, based in the area of La Spezia, Italy.
Taking responsibility for a variety of projects, including newbuild, refit and drydockings, the Marine Project Manager - Superyachts is a key position that delivers exceptional customer service and project delivery.
If you have a track record of delivering projects in the Superyacht sector, and are based in either of the two locations, we would like to speak to you about your plans for 2021 and beyond.
The primary objective of Marine Project Manager - Superyachts is to manage all aspects of the yacht project; budget, schedule, and scope.
- Manage all aspects of the yacht project and the triple constraints of 1) budget, 2) schedule and 3) scope.
- Develop and manage project management plans
- Develop detailed refit and dry docking specifications and job lists in conjunction with client, colleagues and yacht crew
- Project manage all technical aspects of projects as set by the client
- Adhere to project communications protocols
- Work within the yacht management department, involving colleagues as required for specific project requirements (ie crew recruitment, crew management, accountants etc)
Yacht projects include:
- Newbuild yachts
- Dry dockings
- Refit periods
- Life extensions
- 3+ years experience of managing marine projects in the Superyacht sector (30 + metres LOA)
- Seagoing experience as a Deck or Engineering officer on Superyachts; or qualified naval architect
- Proficient in all technical elements of yacht build and construction, including AVIT, navigation equipment, paintwork, and luxury interior outfitting
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- High level of computer literacy, expert user of MS office applications, including MS project
- Locally resident in La Spezia region (within daily commute distance)
- Formal Deck or Engineering officer certificate of competency
- Formal project management qualification/accreditation (eg PMI/PMP)
- Other languages are an advantage
- Remote work when required
- Use of company offices
- On site in shipyard based in La Spezia, Italy
Terms & Working hours
- Full time, fixed contract (12 months)
- Weekends as and when required for project attendance
- 20 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays)
About West Nautical www.westnautical.com
''Since our inception over 20 years ago, we have become recognised as one of the most respected, trusted, knowledgeable and accountable professional services firms in yachting – largely due to our relentless determination to act in our clients’ best interests.
We are a team of yachting specialists designed to operate as a cohesive and dynamic team. We have seen first-hand the challenges and failings of more traditional companies and we offer a refreshing alternative for astute and experienced yacht owners and charter clients who demand excellence, increased attention to their needs, and ultimately – far greater value.''